Friday, July 4, 2008

Atlanta Braves send struggling Jeff Francoeur for a minor league stint

Francoeur was booed at home Thursday night when he went 0-for-4 in the Braves' 4-1 loss to the Phillies. He hit .206 in June and is 1-for-12 in three games this month.

"It seems I can't catch a break, or when I feel I start to roll I just can't get things to keep rolling my way," Francoeur said.

The Braves hope Francoeur can relax at Double-A Mississippi and sharpen his mechanics. The plan is for Francoeur to rejoin the team following the All-Star break.

I'm not sure this will work but the Atlanta Braves need some serious hitting as they are right in the middle of the Philadelphia Phillies and New York Mets for the NL EAST Division Title! For the longest time, the Atlanta Braves always ran away with this division but their bats aren't what they used to be! I think the Braves need to make a move for a HUGE BAT!

No comments:

What's Matthew doing?